I don't even know where to begin. Some of you I haven't talked to in a while, therefore, the following post might seem sparse of detail. sorry. i'm not going to take the time for a full explanation just yet. maybe next week when i have more time.
first, the new template. it is called "army wife". yes, that is what i am-- officially.
jason was sworn in as a member of the Utah National Guard as of January 2nd. He will be trained in military intelligence, reporting to "boot camp" and training on January 8th.
yes, you read that right. As of tuesday, i will be without a husband until about the first week in AUGUST.
no, he will not be able to come home when the baby is born. we will be able to go and visit him, just not sure when yet or how often.
he will spend the next 10 weeks in Kentucky attending basic training. then he will go directly to Arizona for his intelligence training, which is 19 weeks long.
once that is all done, he gets to come home, finish school, work, and see where the lord sends us next!
As nervous and shocked as we are right now, we know it is the right thing for our family. i'm definitely not the first mom in the world to spend time "alone." i won't be totally alone and life will go on. 7+ months really is just a short period in life. the end result will bring about goals and accomplishments that need to be met.
i'm so proud of my husband for having the courage to take this giant step. he is my hero.
5 comments:
I saw you had zero "happy thoughts" on this one, so I thought I would add mine. Well, being a close friend I know I can say this in all honesty and with no offense taken. You are either the bravest person I know, or the craziest! Because I love you I will stick with the bravest. It's done and now you only have time to prepare, accept, and make it work. I love you, lots of good luck (although I know you will need more than luck), and make sure Jason takes you out for your birthday before he goes.
PS Not that Jason doesn't appreciate and love you and his family, but you will see when his training is all finished and he is back home, the appreciation/love is like totally magnified. Nothing is taken for granted... you can look forward to that!
i think i fall into the "craziest" group. i just keep thinking- "is this for real?" and yes, we will go out for my b-day, no worries there!
Wow that happened fast! just one week before we saw you and were hoping for later than sooner! CRAZY! Congrats though! if anyone can do it, you two can!
Hey Suzie and Jason,
Hang in there. When Paige was born I had to leave literally the next day for 9 weeks. I probably should not be speaking for Angela but we got through it. Unfortunately for her though, in a year and a half I will be going away again for 17 weeks. That’s military life I guess. It sounds like you have a positive attitude. Good luck Jason.
John and Angela
thanks for the encouragement everyone! (it's good to hear from you John and Angela- you're blog is soooo cute!)
Post a Comment