As I sit here tonight and look at my house, I wonder what I did all day. It's quite the mess. And yet, I seem to remember sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor, cleaning out/organizing the laundry room, baking muffins, making dinner, doing the laundry, washing the dishes, picking up all of jared's toys, cleaning out his "new" toy box, walking to our garden and picking MORE zucchini, walking to the bank, going walking in the morning with our friends, changing diapers, giving jared a bath, reading stories, exploring our backyard with our little "wilderness boy"...... etc. I'm left to wonder what Jason must think every night when he gets home. It probably looks like I didn't do a darn thing.
BUT, I'm supposed to be focusing on what I am thankful for right now.... right? And well, by making that list, it helps me remind myself that I truly am grateful for my health. Yes, i'm pregnant and tired and sore and so forth. but as of right now in my pregnancy, i can still do all those things. I didn't mention that I actually took an hour nap today too! something I haven't done for a few weeks- but desperately needed today. I'm VERY grateful for a little boy that takes LONG naps (sometimes- today it was 3 hours!) and that allows me to get stuff done AND get some rest. It's great.
I'm continually amazed at what I can do when I feel the way I do sometimes. I know that the Lord is giving me strength and health. I definitely have "blessings all around me."
1 comment:
Hi Suzie! It's Camila Ellingson (Wallace) and I found your blog through my brother's. Your blog is so cute! I love the idea of saying something each day you're thankful for! We have a blog too and you can see it at http://www.willandcamila.blogspot.com/.
Post a Comment